Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

So Anne Cleveland was right (of course!), it didn't wipe out 14 months of training to sit out of the water for 4 days. I got over my cold and felt great when I did my Friday workout. That's very reassuring :-)

I'm just 2 weeks away from Cali Distance Week training and 6-hour qualifier. It's not really an organized clinic - but, hey, I'm a marketer, so the week must be branded! I haven't been doing as much cold water acclimation as I should. It's oh-so-easy to be "too busy" to fit in a half hour cold bath. I'm making it a written goal to get in 5 cold baths this week and next. 


Actually, I may be able to skip a couple of those baths next weekend. The weather is warming up and is supposed to hit 70 on Saturday. I'm heading to Branched Oak Lake! I'll see if I can get one of those wetsuit-wearing triathletes to join me. I doubt I'll be out there long enough to need kayak support, but I'll see if Paul would be up for that. 



Gotta go. I have weights, a cold bath and a 10K swim to get done today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment